Friday 15 February 2013

Acer V273HLObmid Review

A few weeks back I finally bought a new monitor, an Acer V273HL, or Acer V273HLObmid if you believe the ebuyer website.


I was surprised by how thick it actually, this is not thin monitor. I don't have a caliper but I'd say that at its thickest is a good 9 cm, which is a lot better than a CRT, but not thin.

It comes with DVI and VGA cable, EU and UK power supply cable and a 3.5 mm headphone cable., though sadly not with an HDMI cable, which is a bit annoying.

I have full 5.1 surround sound which I only switch on when watching movies, see this, the fact that the monitor has some speakers, however puny, is a really good feature.

I have only one complain about the monitor and that is clear type does not seem to work too well, this could be because I'm a lot closer that I should to a 27" monitor or something worse, but it is not very good, however as I hardly ever use for anything other than watching videos is not a major issue. Funnily enough, I've started to notice a lot more the effects or lack thereof, of Clear Type, even on my laptop, which did not seem to bother me at all before.

The only objective measurements that I can take are related to power usage, for which I have used a Brennenstuhl PM 230 Power and Energy Monitor.

I must say I was positively surprised by the monitor's power usage, not on standby mind you.

Mode Black background (W) White background (W)
Standby 9.5 9.5
Minimum Brigthness 28.5 26.8
Eco 31.3 28.9
Standard 38.3 36.7
Movie 36 33.2

No comments:

Post a Comment