Sunday 6 November 2011

Install SQL Server 2008 HA Cluster - The current SKU is invalid.

I was trying to install an Active/Active SQL 2008 Cluster on Friday and I hit a problem. Just before the install proper on the second node of the first resource group. I got the following EM:
The current SKU is invalid
I tried again and it worked fine, but then when I was trying to add the second node on the second resource group, it failed three times, so after a little bit of googling I found two answers:

  • Add the second node manually, for which I have to run a command like this: 
setup.exe /ACTION=AddNode /INSTANCENAME="MSSQLSERVER"
/SQLSVCACCOUNT="<Domain\Account>" /SQLSVCPASSWORD="<Password>"
/AGTSVCACCOUNT="<Domain/Account>", /AGTSVCPASSWORD="<Password>"
/ASSVCACCOUNT="<Account/Password>" /ASSVCPASSWORD=”<Password>” /INDICATEPROGRESS
  • Delete defaultsetup.ini. However, make sure that you keep the key, as you will need it.
While I relish a challenge as much as the next person, I did not have the time to go for option one, so went for the easy option and deleted defaultsetup.ini.

Hopefully I'll get some time this week to post about how to create an active/active SQL Server 2008 Cluster

No comments:

Post a Comment